Preparing for ABAP Certification (C_TAW12_70) ????
Lets assume that you are going for the ABAP Certification via SAP – Teched.If you are not aware of SAP Teched just have a look on its site. In short Sap Teched is an event which organised by SAP Every year Which includes Certification exams.(In India it is only in Bangalore).Check out the article How to apply in SAP Teched :
Let’s say you have 2 months of time and every day you can spend 1.5 hour for Study.
(Note: This 1.5 hour does not include activities like : chatting with your Boyfriend / Girlfriend or Office work )
So you have around 90 hours to prepare for the certification.
In these 90 hours you need to go through the below topics:
Way(s) to attain
|Articulate, explain, describe, and outline solutions and processes in…||
|ABAP Workbench usage||TAW10||BC400, BC401|
|ABAP debugger program usage||TAW10||BC400, BC402|
|ABAP types and data objects||TAW10||BC400|
|Internal table definition and use||TAW10||BC400|
|SQL statements incl. update strategies||TAW10, TAW11||BC400, BC414|
|Classical screens (dynpros) and selection screens||TAW10||BC400|
|ALV Grid Control||TAW11E||BC405|
|User Interfaces (Web Dynpro)||TAW12||NET310|
|Build, implement, configure, model, and troubleshoot solutions and processes in…||
|Basic ABAP programs and interfaces creation||TAW10||BC400, BC402|
|Class identification analysis and design||TAW12||BC401|
|Enhancement and Modifications||TAW12||BC425, BC427|
|Webdynpro for ABAP|
Topic listed In
- Black colour has less than 8%
- Brown colour has 8 to 12 %
- Red colour has above 12 % cert. weightage.
These figures are given by SAP. For Certification I recommend you ABAP in 21 days + all TAW10-12 books.
It will be good if you go through these books once and i guess 90 hours will be enough for this
Note : Topic like Webdynpro for ABAP and Unicode will not be covered more effectively in these books so you need to prepare those topic on your own.
Check out the below links to download TAW10-12 materials & ABAP in 21 days.
Note : TAW 11 E is a elearning course, so you won’t find any book.
ALL TAW and ABAP in 21 Days – Provided by one of our member Vijendra Karada
After completing these books it will be good if you practice the Q&A.
Even you can start looking at the sample question given by SAP : Check out Sample questions
Don’t become too much over confident as these questions are very simple and don’t lose the hope as after finishing all books it will be child’s play for you.
Also check out SAP ABAP online Quiz (it requires to create an account, Don’t worry it is just 30 Seconds job!!!)
Things need to be taken care during exam:
The last year Exam format was:
- Contains 80 questions in 3 hours.
- All questions will be multiple choices and no partial marking is there(it means no mark will be given to you if you tick on 2 correct answers out of three correct one).
- For a question which has multiple answers, they will specify how many correct answers are there.
- No negative marking (I can see smile on your face!!!! )
Tips for the certifications:
- Try to read F1 help for all the basic syntax so that it will clear your basics.
- 3 hours is quite big time to write 80 questions So give 5 mins of time for reading the rules first.
- In exam they will not going to ask stupid questions like Which transaction code or function can be used to do XYZ tasks,etc, So don’t waste your time in mugging up Tcode & function modules.
At last Best Of luck for your exam.